Wednesday, August 30, 2017

back to school!

After a summer that I felt like would never feel long enough, we actually did feel ready to jump back into school about 3 weeks ago. 3rd grade, 1st grade, and Kindergarten this year.So life is busy! But I do realize that I've fallen way behind in taking pictures and I'm determined to do better...I'm missing too much!

Kaitlyn and her friend Leah in the pool. we had so much fun in the pool this summer!

bake sale! These kids worked hard and raised quite a bit of money to be donated to a local elementary school and our friend's school in Mozambique.
watching some Shakespeare on the square...really fun until it got really inappropriate, but we still had great ice cream!
our lone sunflower
 we had a such a great time the day of the eclipse. We invited lots of church and neighborhood friends down to Townsend, to Jill and Steve's property. It was an amazing day. The kids played and swam in the river until time to get out and watch the eclipse which was truly one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. The majesty of God's creation was spectacular. Probably the most amazing thing was how much light even the slightest sliver of sun can provide. Then the glory of the sun from behind the moon was so cool! pictures don't do it much justice, but we won't soon forget what we saw., felt, and heard from all of creation...the temperature to the animals to the crazy dusk-ish light right before blackout.



zoo trip with Bethany's family!
roller skating...so fun to watch these girls get the hang of it. Andrew was at a different super fun birthday party having a dart gun fight

ballet!

more to come...

No comments: