Wednesday, July 26, 2017

summer time!

We've had a great summer and though I never thought we'd 'feel' like starting school again, I think that we're ready to get it going in one more week. The kids are at camp this week during the day so I've had good time to read and think and prepare for what's to come! We just finished up with a sweet visit from our best friends who moved to AL 18 months ago and it was a great time. I'm thankful for pen pals and FaceTime calls to keep these kids connected. Since we're studying US history this year we're already planning a trip to AL in the spring to follow the civil rights movement's landmarks with the Moody's!

We got to do lots of hiking at the beginning of the summer. It's so fun to go with friends and I love giving the kids an opportunity to run wild and free through the woods.

 some serious dress up going on here...
 Spencer's cousins came to visit from Indiana and the kids had a blast with sweet older cousins. They loved tubing on the river!



 we got to camp for 2 nights back in June and had a blast. The first afternoon it rained hard, but that didn't stop the fun...just let to wet and dirty tents and clothes!



 I got to hike Mt. Leconte with some friends in my homeschool group. The 3rd highest peak in the Smokys. We went hard and fast and finished in 5.5 hours.


 Then we had a great trip to the beach with my family. I wish I had more pictures but will have to collect them from others. The kids had a wonderful time with cousins and can't wait to be back next year!





 I've loved having flowers to cut from our yard this year. We had a storm 3 nights ago that took most of them out, but it sure was fun while it lasted!
 sunflower fields forever!  This is an early morning run that was so beautiful.
 I took the kids back!


 Andrew and I snuck away for a bike ride on the greenway. Fun to be with my big boy.

 Andrew and Ollie played with this car track for hours on end when the moody's came to visit. They scientifically went through the entire car basket, with a racing system to figure out which car was the fastest.

 these girls love each other so much!


It was sad to see them go, but we look forward to the next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun times! So glad to see the blue track is still being used. Love and miss all of you. Marsy