well Andrew can now ride a bike and neither Spencer nor I got to teach him how. A friend gave us the bike a year ago (a friend of hers had found it on the side of the street). We took it to the bike shop and had the pedals taken off and he's used it like a glider bike for the past year. Last weekend I took it back to the shop and had the pedals put back on...his request. I picked it up yesterday and after nap we took it out in the yard. I explained to him that everyone falls, we needed to start on the grass, I would run along with him and give him a good push, etc. etc. At that point a friend stopped by to drop off dinners for the neighborhood kids who are doing that swim team this summer (I am organizing). I ran to grab the dinners and put them up. When I got back outside Andrew said, "watch this mom!" and took off riding the bike, never looking back. I was shocked. When Spencer got home he said, "I never got to teach him how to ride!" and I said, "me either!"
We went to the park today and he rode it like a pro. Fast, slow, around corners, down hills. The boy was ready!
right after this video, as we were going inside, she said, "mommy, I have a song in the side of my mouth. Do you want to hear it?" Love this girl who always has a song in her heart!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! love these kiddos! xoxoxo gran
Post a Comment