Sunday, September 28, 2014

end of summer days...long and thankfully still hot!







We're trying to soak up the last warm days of summer. We'll miss them when they're gone! I'm so thankful that at least for now Andrew gets to stay home with us for most of the week (minus 12 hours of school). He's enjoying school, loving PE, and making some friends. He has a blast with the neighborhood kids who come by and loves being right down the street from his best friend Ollie. We are so blessed that all 3 of our kids have BFFs within a few blocks. Zoe and Lola moved out last weekend, but thankfully they're still close. As I sit on our porch and look out on the houses of friends up and down our street, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for what God is up to here around us.  When I get to spend a saturday afternoon doing a craft with 3 girls who live around the corner, knowing that they rarely have chances to do the art that they love to do, I am so grateful to be here. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot get over how much the pictures of Kaitlyn are looking like you at that age. Brings back floods of memories. Miss you all. Love, Marsy

The Breedloves said...

I love your heart for your neighborhood Emily. What a blessing you are to them...and how you are Christ to them. Love you friend.