Monday, February 03, 2014

snow fun

It's so crazy to me that we now have 2 somewhat "big" kids who can do big kid stuff and fend for themselves a little bit in the snow. Who can keep their gloves on, put their jackets on by themselves, stomp the snow off their boots before coming in, etc. Only having 1 who needs me for all these things feels great, but also sad. I watch Kaitlyn doing all the big girl things now...dresses herself every morning, buckles herself in the car, disappears with Andrew to play some imagination game for long periods of time...and I want to stop time. I love her big girl self, but I do not want her baby/toddler stage to be over...but in so many ways we've moved on into the next stage. Though there are still plenty of times when she longs to be held, rocked, and treated like a baby, and the "mommy/baby game" (in which we switch roles about every 5 minutes between who's the mommy and whose the baby) is still a daily request...about 10 times a day :-) I'm sure Aimee will soon be entering these games as well. Hopefully they'll last a long long time.

and did I mention she dresses herself? Yes, she's wearing a pink princess dress and pink cowboy boots under that jacket...not a battle worth fighting :-)
 snow days are so much more fun with friends...so glad they live in walking distance!



No comments: