Monday, November 19, 2012

so proud

I watched Andrew step in front of a little boy the other day who was trying to push Kaitlyn back and tell him to stop it. My mother's heart swelled with pride and thankfulness. There are still many occasions when Andrew doesn't know what or how to say things to other people, but this time he didn't hesitate. I'm so thankful that he and Kaitlyn are good friends and we pray it lasts. He does such a great job including her in his games and imagination. He is a car loving, running and chasing, super fun little boy.
Kaitlyn makes us laugh daily at the sweet and cute things she says. She is the sweetest 2 year old I've ever known, and although she does have a mischeivious streak in her, she also has great love and compassion. She has loved Aimee so well for these past 5 months, and she deeply loves her big brother. I love to watch kaitlyn caring for her dolls and animals. She sings to them, pats their backs, covers them with kisses and always covers them with a blanket before she puts them to bed. When she tucks a baby into a belt around her waist, I've noticed her bouncing up and down with it (just like I do with Aimee when I'm trying to get her to sleep).
And Aimee is about the happiest baby I've ever known. She's been slower to develop the fear of strangers than the other 2 and gives everyone the greatest smiles. She is starting to get a little nervous after a few minutes of someone holding her and begining to look around for me, but for the most part she makes everyone feel really good with her big smiles and excitment. She is an oberserver of the chaos around her and she loves it and often joins in with her squeals/shrieks of delight.  She's very content in her car seat or chair as long as she has something to chew on, and often if she gets fussy it's because she wants you to put her down so she can have her space, kick her legs, and watch. She is such a sweet baby!
We are so blessed by our kids!






on another note, I teach English to a group of ladies (only for 1 hour once a week before you get too impressed) who are involved in a sewing co-op here in Knoxville. They are refugees, mostly from Iraq, and are learning to sew in order to hopfully make a little bit of money to help contribute to their families. The stuff they are making is really good. Their website is http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeIntertwined?ref=seller_info if you need any Christmas ideas!