Thursday, May 05, 2016

Easter and catch up

It's been a while...a long while since I've posted, and much has happened to our family. Most significantly, we said goodbye to Alex after 8 months of being his family. He went to live in a new kinship foster home with his 2 older sisters which ultimately will be best for all of them. The transition for us has been fairly smooth, but the transition for them has been hard. We continue to cry out to God on their behalf daily and hope that they will reconciled to their parents sometime this calendar year. We've seen him several times since he left and were actually supposed to have him for 5 days right now but our family has all had the stomach bug this week and his new family is passing around the flu so respite care will have to wait.
His absence has been real, and there is an empty space for that 4th child that we long to have, but we knew from the beginning that he wasn't the one we'd keep. We've had fun spending quality time with our 3 over the last 3 weeks and are excited about the summer that's coming!
Easter was a sweet time for us at our new church that we love!


 I taught Andrew how to use my camera and let him loose...he came up with some good shots

 I took this one, but the rest are his!





 he even captured interactions with neighbors
 strawberries
 and our across the street neighbors kissing in their car ...oops!
 another Easter shot
 my parents came to visit back in March and I didn't get many pictures from their trip..I've been struggling getting the camera out lately. It was a fun time as always
 and a final Andrew shot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures. We can't wait to get to be with you. Love, Marsy and D-da.